Sunday, November 8, 2020

A caution to Christians about the website Parler

 Do your research remember Satan will try anything to decieve, discredit and try to destroy the church.

I have recently seen a lot of Christians looking to move off of Facebook, or at the least find someplace they can go in addition to Facebook that won't possibly censor their voice. The most recent platform I have seen people pushing is Parler. The draw that sites like this has for people is that they promote "free speech" meaning they at least right now they won't censor any posts due to what is said, sounds good right? Well I googled Parler and a blurb from a nonrelated site, or how the world sees Parler, used to describe the site states, "Parler has a significant user base of Trump supporters, conservatives, and Saudi nationalists. Posts on the website often contain far-right content, ANTISEMITISM, and conspiracy theories." (Emphasis mine) Now I won't say as a Christian not to use the platform that is between you and the Holy Spirit, but I will say you should pray before you do. I know I wouldn't be comfortable with Christianity in general or myself personally being associated with antisemitism in any way even if it through a website known for others expressing that view.

An Illustration that shows what I am talking about in the previous paragraph:

While looking at the blurb from what many people see when the look at the site Parler we see that two of the three main voices on the site are Trump supporters and Conservatives; I had even highlighted them for you. Seeing that they are among the main voices on the site and some of the main beliefs expressed and supported are antisemetic in nature one could assume that Trump supporters and Conservatives are actually not for Israel, regardless of what the Republican platform states; although I would believe/hope that most of the antisemitic views on the site are expressed by the Saudi nationalists and not the other two, it is easy to see how a certian view or opinion can be attributed to a group just by association with a site that is known for being a place to freely express those views and opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Intersex in Christ: Ambiguous Biology and the Gospel

 Let me start out that to my knowledge I have not been diagnosed as or told I was Intersex, but would not be surprised if I was and just hav...