Saturday, November 7, 2020

Warning to the Christian whose hope is in Trump

 It is sad to see those that I had at one time thought were brothers and sisters in Christ how they have appeared to fallen away from the Gospel. A year and some change ago I had posted on Facebook a warning pointing to Matthew 24:24, where Jesus warns of false messiahs and false prophets that will lead even the church astray, in regards to Trump praising a radio host that had in a roundabout way elevated Trump to a god like status if not calling him god. And now I see some who I at one time thought Christian making posts that have me question whether their hope is truly in God; as it appears their hope is in Trump or the Republican Party instead. It appears that they believe their salvation is not in the God of the Bible but in a human whose power and authority is only temporary and finite. How can you fulfill the Great Commission if your gospel looks to a man whose time and power is like a microscopic spec in the frame of eternity? How can you reach the nations when your hope is in a man whose authority is only temporary and tied to only one nation? Hosea 13:4 states, "Yet I have been the Lord your God since the land of Egypt; and you were not to know any god except Me, for there is no savior besides Me." Examine your hearts seek where your true hope is located is it in man or is it in God? The mouth (hands on the keyboard) speaks what is in the heart, and what I see is a lot of Christians whose hope is not in Christ but hose hope is in Trump.

Now let me say this is by no means meant to be bashing Trump, but rather calling out those "Christians" that appear to be worshiping Trump.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Intersex in Christ: Ambiguous Biology and the Gospel

 Let me start out that to my knowledge I have not been diagnosed as or told I was Intersex, but would not be surprised if I was and just hav...